Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Welcoming our Baby to the world part 1

Hello,

I'm back
It has been 6 months
Long story short what had happened was I decided to deliver my baby in Malaysia instead of USA
So, the whole plan was changed
I left Arizona immediately after I was done with my Thesis defense
About 2 weeks approximately

But first, I have to say goodbye to my friends!!!
I miss them!!
I hope I can see them again












Okay, let's talk about the journey 
It was a very tough journey
I traveled alone all the way from Arizona to Malaysia when I was 32 weeks pregnant
I was balling my eyes along the journey
Because of 2 reasons: I was super uncomfortable and tired & I miss my husband and feel super sad that I had to leave him alone in Arizona

So, let's begin from my journey from Phoenix, Arizona to Kota Bharu, Malaysia
I left Phoenix airport on November 15, 2019
Exactly 32 weeks pregnant with my baby
My first leg was Phoenix to Los Angeles
It was okay because it's a short trip
Transit in LAX for couple hours and my next leg from LAX to Shanghai
This one is the hardest
I chose the aisle to sit because I thought it would be easier for me to go to the restroom
You know, being pregnant at 32 weeks is like I live in the bathroom most of the time
My baby keeps pressing on my bladder haha 
Unfortunately, it was the most uncomfortable seat ever
People keep on walking passed by me 
I cannot sleep for the whole 15 hours journey
* I'm crying while writing this post because I kinda regret of my decision... it was the hardest journey ever to travel in that condition ALONE
Once I arrived in Shanghai, I have to walk very far to find the gate
At the gate, they did not allow me to board the flight yet because my connection was too short (1 hour 15 minutes)
They had to wait for my luggage to be transferred from my LAX flight to this flight
While waiting, they asked me to fill out the form since they notice that I was pregnant
While waiting, I cried while talking to my husband
I was so tired and emotional but then the nice lady told me not to cry and they will make sure everything is okay and they will take care of me 
I felt relieved once she said that
I board the flight to KUL
It was the most comfortable flight ever
Less than 20 people on the flight
It was Malaysian Airlines
They served Malaysian food
I felt so much comfort by just smelling the food that they served
I fall asleep immediately after the meal
7 hours later, I arrived in KUL
My buddies were waiting for me at the airport
It was so exciting to see familiar faces waiting after such a long and emotional journey
Because I had a couple hours time before my next flight to my hometown, they took me to one of our girlfriend's house
I managed to wind up a little bit, took a shower, change and had lunch with them
It was really nice 
Next is my final leg
From KUL to KBR, my hometown
My mom and my sister were waiting for me
I got so emotional after I saw them
I started crying to my mom
I miss my husband so much










to be continued...


1 comment: